Insulated glass is prefabricated units made of two panes, which have been separated by an air gap which filled with Argon gas-to reduce noise, heat & UV rays and edge sealed together. This edge seal not only binds the individual sheets of glass together to maintain the mechanical strength of the joint but also protects the space between the glasses from outside influences. The air enclosed between the two glass panes is dried with a desiccant. Because of the low heat conductivity of the enclosed dry air between the glass panes, heat transmission through the window is drastically reduced. Tempered, Laminated, Reflective, Low-E, Tinted or Clear Glass can be used. We specialize in DGU for bolted structural glazing.
Looks no different to other types of insulating glazing. Lighter than triple glazed insulated units making slim frame constructions feasible. Superior insulating performance especially for inclined glazing. Significantly reduces energy coasts. Superior solar shading reduces expensive cooling costs. UV protection helps reduce furnishings fading. Service life of 25-30 years. Noise reduction (up to 50% in conjunction with asymmetrical glass structures)
- Curtain wall and structural glazing, overhead glazing, slopped glazing and skylights,
- glass floors, aquariums and animal observatory windows, offices, hotels and restaurants
- hospital, libraries, and museums, airport terminals, residences and apartment buildings
- Wherever noise is a problem, we recommend Acoustic Control Glass.
- High security places, for example banks, teller and drive through windows, ticket windows, gas stations,
- currency exchanges, armored vehicles, jewelry shops & burglar resistant showcases, embassies, etc.